SUMMER 2018 TRACK RACING - Starting 18 February at Saxton Velodrome
Racing Dates & Times:
- Racing every Sunday, commencing 18 February 2018, 5+yrs to adults willing or capable of riding a track bike confidently
- Children race in their age group, according to their age at 31 December
- Children can ride their favourite two wheel bike that is road worthy
- Riders 11 + years competing at this level are expected to be competing on either track or road bikes
- Adults can ride on road or track bikes. For those choosing to ride road bike, there will be an expectation you will convert to a track bike within a couple of sessions of riding on the track.
- Junior riders have priority for track bike hire.
- Give us a call if you don’t have bike and you would like to have a go
Venue: Saxton Velodrome
- Riders and spectators enter at their own risk
- Races must start promptly at 4pm;
- Riders must be at the venue a minimum 30 min prior to start times to get their numbers and to warm up
- Gates open and bike fits are available from 2:30pm
- Weekly races (scratch, handicap, pursuit, time trial etc) and skill based events (blue line, overtaking drill, bunch riding, starts etc)
- For children under 15 years a parent/caregiver/guardian is required to remain at the track for the duration of the session. They may be required for timing, holding etc. Also in the unfortunate event of an accident your input may be required for the treatment of your child.
- Payment options: internet banking NBS 031354 0257780-00 with ref: Tracksub/surname
- Riders must to obtain a CyclingNZ Ride licence (no charge for juniors, and those expecting to race at National Events will require a CyclingNZ National Race Licence, which will incur an additional fee as per CyclingNZ website. Unfortunately riders who are not licensed will not be permitted to ride in track events.
Cycling Nelson owns several racing bikes for club members to use. These may be hired at a cost of $10 per bike per session(subject to availability). (Proceeds go towards the purchase of more bikes for the club).
These may be allocated to riders who fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be 9 years old or over (child must fit the bike)
- Cycling skills must be appropriate
- Fees must be paid
- Riders must demonstrate good sportsmanship
- Regular attendance required & you must still bring you own bike each week (n/a for 3 month hire)
- Riders must be at the track a minimum of 30 minutes prior to session start to allow for setup and warm up (or the bike will be hired out to others)
The bikes will be allocated on a rotational basis & the decision of the committee on allocation is final
- A roadworthy or track bike with front & rear brakes & tyres pumped
A properly fitted helmet
Gloves (Mandatory for track racing)
Sports or cycle shoes (covered in, no crocs)
- To prevent damage to the developing bodies of our young riders & to develop leg speed, we will be enforcing a gear restriction. Each rider’s bike will be measured & the gear restriction advised in accordance with those on the CyclingNZ website.
- Note:11 + yrs - Track & Road Bikes will not be racing together, and will be separated for safety reasons.
Need more information?
- Call Grant Kerr via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 5 901050
- Including enquiries about sponsorship or volunteer assistance